Employee rights and responsibilities in occupational safety are realized individually and also through representatives in the occupational health and safety cooperation procedure. Employees must follow the employer’s instructions and regulations and report any dangerous situations to their supervisors.
An employee has the right to leave off work that causes a serious risk to their life or health. The right to leave off work is based on the Occupational Safety and Health Act. An employee can only leave off work if the risk cannot be avoided by any other immediate measures.
Individual’s occupational health and safety responsibilities
- complying with guidelines and regulations
- taking care of your own safety and the safety of others
- avoiding harassment and inappropriate treatment
- reporting faults and defects
- proper use of machines, equipment and tools
- proper use of personal protective equipment and safety equipment.